Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Summer Time is Comin'

I am looking forward to the summer break. Some guys and gals I know will be taking courses during the summer, but not I. I will be focused on working all summer long, perhaps getting a second job. My goal is to go on leave from my job during the Fall 08 semester. Save up enough money so that I will be ok during that time. And in the event of a financial crunch or emergency during the Fall semester, I can simply return to work. I would love to find one job making really good money rather than taking on 2 jobs that make ok or slightly less than ok money. And I know me. I will horde money the whole summer and when the Fall semester comes, I will walk into my manager's office and hand her a leave of absence form. But still, I am a little jealous of all those who will be going to exotic places during the summer, like Hawaii, Amsterdam and Chicago. Ok, not so much jealous of the Chicago-bound person.

I will probably take a few days off during the summer and go to South Beach in Florida. I will ejoy walking along the beaches and maybe I will see a celebrity or two. And if I don't, oh well, no biggie. I just want to have some fun this summer. Hopefully some of my college friends will be able to get together if they aren't off all over the country during the summer. Maybe I'll have a John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John "summer lovin" moment this summer. Either way, I wish you all to have the most wonderful summer and come back safely so I can see you punks in the Fall. \m/ >.< \m/

No comments: